Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Michael Patrick King Says He Has 'No Connection' to 'Sex and the City' Prequel

On stage to discuss his latest small-screen effort Two Broke Girls, Michael Patrick King cleared up a lingering question on the minds of Sex and the City fans.our editor recommendsKristin Davis Opposed to 'Sex and the City' Prequel "I'm not working on any Sex and the City prequel," the writer-director said definitively, adding that he hasn't even read author Candace Bushnell's books yet. Though he praises her as a "brilliant satirist" and a "really fascinating writer," it is not a direction that he'd like to see the long-running HBO franchise move in. PHOTOS: The Quotable TCA: TV Press Tour Eavesdropper "My Carrie Bradshaw started at 33, and I took her to 43. I didn't even want to know who Carrie Bradshaw's parents were because I thought she only existed in Manhattan," he told a roomful of reporters gathered for the Television Critics Association press tour Wednesday. He added, "So for me, the idea of going backwards and making her less evolved ... is something that I don't imagine doing." Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com Twitter: @LaceyVRose Related Topics TCA TCA Summer Press Tour 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment